As I progressed through the Tiktok platform, I realised that making content was just half the battle. Thus, I investigated the platform’s culture and algorithm more, and I’ve learned several tricks that I’m excited to share with you…
Five TikTok tricks that boosted my popularity and viewership
1. Communicate with others that provide material like yours
Having conversations with other content providers in your field is a great way to increase the exposure your work receives among your ideal readers.
- Put off any thoughts of competition; on TikTok, your fellow niche creator is not an adversarial rival. Instead, I viewed them as a potential new audience and started watching their videos on their profile.
- Be sure to add your insightful comment(s): How? What happened when I left a comment that was obviously useful and came from my years of experience? The discussions attracted a huge following to my work. The following time I created a video like that, I got a swarm of comments and shares, and other artists commented and shared on every single post I did. That tells you what? The greatest thing is that the algorithm favoured us, so everyone involved comes out ahead.
- The programme may also observe and respond to the following situations: The “viral wane” is indeed waved by the Tiktok algorithm when interaction is really high. The first step is to master the art of contacting influential people in your field. After engaging with their posts, you may send direct messages (DMs) to attract their interest in your profile.
2. Take it out on hashtags; they’re a favourite of search engines.
Using hashtags improves search engine results, leading more people to my page whenever they look for anything with those terms in them.
- If a hashtag is used by a large number of people, it will remain on the Tiktok area for a longer period of time, increasing the likelihood that your video will be viewed.
- An event or issue that is hot in your field might serve as inspiration for a hashtag. Afterwards, other content providers will jump on the bandwagon, and viral hashtags will occur, resulting in more exposure for your work.
3. Make quick films or other stuff
Because there are so many items vying for the attention of your audience, it is in your best interest to keep things succinct.
- Despite the popularity of Tiktok, I used to upload films longer than 10 minutes on Facebook and YouTube, sharing simply an invite link on Tiktok. In any case, at long last! Now, a 10-minute film may garner me thousands of views because to Tiktok’s massive viewership. Knowing that a 10-minute video filled with substance can hold your audience’s attention, I advise this duration for Tiktok content providers. Some will still advise you to make your Tiktok videos brief, but I believe that if you are actually imparting useful information, viewers will stick around for the entirety. They will also share, and my, that’s awful! When it comes to pageviews, sharing is key.
4. Make use of current popular music sounds.
Searches for videos using a currently popular tune are not uncommon. I’m not one to miss out on a fad, so I’m sure that searches will include hashtags corresponding to the popular sound.
If you want your content to become viral and attract more viewers, you need to employ a hot new sound. People can use the Tiktok bar to look for the most popular videos and songs.
By using the algorithm, your video including the currently popular tune will be more likely to show up in your audience’s feeds, resulting in more views. Please don’t ignore the latest developments in music; instead, keep a record of your performances and use the advice I’ve given.
5. Extend the reach of your work by posting it on additional social media platforms.
You presumably already had an audience on your other platforms before Tiktok became popular. It’s important to share links to any original, high-quality material you produce, such as a “how-to video,” on all of your other social media accounts. Request that they check out your TikTok channel. If you want to lure people to your TikTok page from other platforms, all you have to do is publish a clip of the video.
Add relevant keywords to your captions so that you may attract more viewers from search engines. When your viewership numbers rise, you can begin earning money from TikTok ads.
Always keep in mind that more people will visit your material if it is useful, interesting, and well-presented.